Saturday, April 16, 2011

Goodbye, Winter! Hello, Spring and Baseball!

Lesson Learned: Never a good idea to have a snowball fight with someone who can throw 90 mph...accurately. Thanks, brother.

Today, I made beignets! I guess the Southern and Cajun(parents are from there…isn’t it time for a crawfish boil?) came out in me all at once. Or, it could be the ABC Family movie I watched the other night...I'm not sure. They were yummy and I can't believe I have never made them before.

Check http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2010/02/french-market-beignet-doughnuts.html for the recipe. I cut back on the powdered sugar, because I’m not a huge fan of it.


I haven't written in a long while, but am excited to start back up again. Things have been a bit chaotic around my house. My parents have various renovations projects going on and are trying to complete at least the outside projects before summer hits. Texas summers=not fun. Working out there in 100+ degrees is pretty brutal. I worked an event yesterday for the AirHogs. They had a Tea Party Rally out at the ballpark. It was actually pretty interesting to see all the different people that came out to support it and check it out. It broke down a lot of stereotypes that I have read about the Tea Party. I can't personally say I like to get into politics, but I'm happy that other people are so passionate about it. Anyways, it was fun, everyone was nice, and despite not really doing anything but parking, it was a cool experience.
Alright, so it has been so long since I've written that baseball has been going on for 2 whole weeks! I've been talking about it plenty, just not writing. I guess my family is officially tired of hearing about it.
- My poor, poor Twins. They will pick it up, but the past couple of weeks have felt like an entire season. It's probably the girl in me, but the frustration on their faces breaks my heart. It seems like a lot of the time they will hit the ball hard, but it just goes straight to someone. The hitting is already starting to come around, just not as clutch as it needs to be. It's a tough start to the season, but there are like 150 games to go. No, you don't want to get behind, but you don't get your head down either.
- Despite Toronto crushing my Twins, I've actually kind of started to enjoy watching them. I tend to pick teams off of players...once again with being a girl. Anyways, if I like the attitudes and personalities of the guys playing, I tend to like the team. I guess that's why the Twins are my favorite. Despite the Jays having a bit of a tough time, I look forward to watching their season...Thank youuu, mlb.tv!
- Royals...okay I'd love for them to stop winning because they are in the AL Central, but I am so glad they are at the same time. It is fun to see a team, who has struggled for a while, have a Cinderella season. I know it is early, but it is still fun to watch. Baltimore and Cleveland are lumped there too. Even the Mariners.
-I do suppose since I'm from Texas I have to say something about the Rangers. Play more Murphy and Moreland. Murphy playing more was one of the only good things to come out of Hamilton's injury. Not that I'm saying Murphy is better than him, but he does deserve his spot. Without Murphy, Moreland, and Young, it is doubtful the Rangers would have made it past Tampa Bay last year in the playoffs. Those guys should not be 2nd stringers. Thanks and gig'em, Wash.

Oh yeah, go Hawks and Caps in the playoffs!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment